I finally got in the groove and got my hands dirty this week. Some late nights at the table after the kids went to sleep, produced this mixed media painting called "Burden". We've had the cover of a very old bible for a long time, nothing but the cover that was found in a box of books from an auction. The cover had some really nice sculptural qualities and was about an inch thick with a primitive "chipboard" backing. It had separated from the back portion of cardboard and I've had that laying around for a long time. Finally made use of it as the background for this piece.
The rusted pieces are things I found in an old barn and things that came out of a box of metal detecting junk I got from a man selling things on the side of the highway.
(Note, I've decided I can't shop for more "supplies" until I use up some of what I have, so here's one project done and on to the next!)