Hello all! I'm really excited to announce the Vintage Halloween Charm Swap for 2015!
I did a vintage Halloween Charm swap in 2012 and it was so much fun I've decided to do another one.
Anyone can join! And I hope that you all will...
Here are the rules for the swap...
1. Charms should be no larger than 1 1/4 inch in any direction (not including the jump ring) Think "charm" not focal piece or pendant.
2. Charms should be inspired by "vintage Halloween" style, vintage Halloween images, and subjects.
3. Charms need to be well made with lots of detail (no all paper, or "a few plastic beads on a string" entries will be accepted) -use this as an opportunity to learn some new jewelry techniques or pull out a few old faves. We want to see charms that we can wear year after year. Think glass beads, soldering, Ice Resin to seal paper, Wood, Wire Wrapping, Painting, Layers, tiny details, repurposed, etc, one or all.
4. Package each charm labeled with your name clearly displayed (to avoid confusion once I start swapping them all) (please do not label them with nothing but your blog name, it's too confusing. Feel free to put your name AND your blog info on each charm, we would love to visit) :)
5. Make the packaging for each charm pretty, spooky, etc. We all love to receive a pretty package. Do some stamping, stitches, painting...whatever floats your boat.
6. Create 10 charms (they do not all have to be the same, they can be different styles if you prefer, or 5 of one and 5 of another)
7. Charms should have a medium/large sz jump ring attached (lobster clasps are awesome for quick connect though not required)
8. Send charms along with $5 for priority shipping (check or cash) to Thespoena McLaughlin, 5130 Silent Grove Rd, Springdale, Arkansas 72762. Charms must reach me no later than October 5th so that I have time to sort them, package them, and send them back out in plenty of time for Halloween. And it is Halloween so there will be goodies in your return boxes! :)
9. Have FUN! ! ! !
This is not required for participation because some people don't have blogs etc. But PLEASE share a link back to this blog along with the swap image so we can get lots of people signed up. The more the merrier!
So I hope you will join in, please comment below and let us know who's coming!
See blow for some of the charms and packaging from the 2012 swap!
I thought the packaging on this one was really great! They enclosed this repurposed charm in white wax paper and sewed the edges with black and red thread, even sewed a little bobbie pin embellishment on it. Adorbs!
This book of spells charm was made out of textured copper sheet with clay sculpted eye, so AWESOME!
The little wire wrapped pumpkin made from a glass bead was cute and the copper etched medallion was the coolest!
I thought the packaging on this eye charm was genius, made to look like the stamped skull was looking our at you, VERY COOL! ( a great example of making awesome packaging to go with your charm) A soldered charm with a soldered spider stuck to the front was unique and fun, and the witchy charm sealed with Ice Resin with the witch hat details was perfect!
The potion bottle charm worked perfectly with the poison label and the other charms were very charming additions to our bracelets (some folks made a nice detailed charm and then sent accent smaller beaded charms to go with them)...